Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wright slows on girls, busts on quarterbacks now

CU defensive end Abraham Wright, just quarterback crazy, gets to go back to Oklahoma to win a game and settle a grudge this weekend.

Maybe Wright isn't calling it a grudge but it doesn't matter what he calls it. It is what it is.

Check it out, boys.

"I didn't think OU would recruit me," Wright told Scott Wright of the Daily Oklahoman. "They didn't need any defensive ends at the time. I kind of expected OSU to talk to me.

"But they didn't really have a reason to. I didn't have the type of year I was capable of (in junior college), and they're not going to take a kid just because he's from Oklahoma.

"But playing there would have been like a dream."

Hear that, amigos?

A dream!

Don't think he wasn't disappointed, hurt, maybe a little angry?

Trust me, this weekend, Abe Wright want's his, as in Sooner. Want's to tie up OU quarterback Paul Thompson like a rodeo cowboy wraps up a steer.

Lucky for the Buffs, Wright ended up picking Boulder over Missouri. That he made it there is amazing, even to him, considering his prep days.

"My grades were horrible," Wright said. "In high school, I was mostly just chasing girls and not caring about anything."

What are you laughing at brothers, you were chasing girls too.

"When I got to (junior college), I began to develop my relationship with Jesus Christ and change my behavior."

So the Buffaloes have their own version of the Minister of Defense. Maybe he isn't ordained like Reggie White but he's the christian sacker. And thank God for him. Ron Collins' defense needs all of that he can get.

TheTruth

By the way, friends, yet another publication is taking Oklahoma to beat down CU, as the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has the Sooners shutting down the Buffs, 24-13. That's now three media outlets rollin' with OU.

No comments: