Saturday, November 18, 2006

Late night call brings news

Former Buff quarterback Mike Moschetti dialed my number at 1:30 a.m. Saturday night after working late, saying "I don't care if I wake him up, I'm gonna call him" to set an interview time for us next week.

The fourth all-time leading passer in CU history did take the time to tell me before hanging up that Nebraska tight ends' coach and former Buffs' assistant Shawn Watson told him "he's petrified of CU" saying they are so much better than their record shows. Watson also said the Cornhuskers' staff is real wary of quarterback Bernard Jackson and all the things he can do.

Moschetti mentioned Watson also alluded to some comment running backs coach Darian Hagan made, which has conveniently found its' way into the locker's of Big Red players.

Will catch up with Mike early this week to learn much more, as well as getting some clock with yet another memorable Buffs quarterback, Bobby Pesavento.

No comments: